Start a Business
If you are considering starting, relocating or expanding a business, the City of Driggs wants to help you succeed alongside a bevy of other thriving locally-grown businesses. Below are resources to help you move forward with business planning, financing, location selection and permitting. Please reach out to the Community Development staff at any time so that we may assist you!
Business Planning & Market Research
- Teton Regional Economic Coalition provides business planning assistance in Teton Valley and implements the Teton County Economic Development Plan
- 10 Steps of Starting a Business , US Small Business Administration
- Eastern Idaho SCORE mentoring and workshops
- Eastern Idaho Small Business Development Center provides training and consulting
- Idaho Women’s Business Center
- Silicon Couloir provides networking, training and support for entrepreneurs in the Tetons, including a 4-week intensive business start-up program
- Teton County Labor Force and Economic Profile from Idaho Department of Labor
- Gem State Prospector - an Idaho-specific platform for demographic and economic data, with county and city-level profiles.
- Idaho Transportation Department Traffic Counters
- Idaho Dept. of Commerce Tourism & Lodging Data by County
- City of Driggs Sales Tax Summaries [need to upload from Kreslyn’s files]
- Consumer Expenditure Survey Data Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Idaho Dept. of Commerce Incentive Programs
- The Development Company a nonprofit partner of the City assists with SBA loans and micro-loans
- Contact City Staff about other potential grants, incentives and assistance
- Real Estate Listings Teton Board of Realtors Multiple Listing Service
- Zoning Map & City of Driggs Zoning Use Standards (Chapter 10 Land Development Code) - contact Driggs Planning & Zoning staff with questions
- Teton County Parcel Map
- Contact City Staff for information on possible commercial or industrial vacancies, including the Driggs Industrial Incubator.
- Submitting a Business Registration Form is the first permitting step and will help the City confirm building and zoning code compliance for your selected location
- A sales tax permit application should be submitted for any use involving taxable sales. The City’s local sales tax rates are: 3% on lodging, 2% on alcoholic beverages, 1% on prepared foods, and 0.5% on all other sales that are taxed by the State of Idaho.
- Licenses for Alcohol Sales are also required by the City.
- A sign permit application is necessary prior to installing most types of signs, exceptions and standards can be found in Chapter 11 of the Land Development Code
- Downtown Driggs Association supports our local businesses with coordinated marketing efforts and regular updates on funding and training opportunities
- The Teton Valley Chamber of Commerce promotes the Made In Teton Valley brand
- Slow Food in the Tetons maintains a local foods directory and online sales platform